Summer cocktails were the inspiration behind our Summer bouquets. For those who enjoy a cocktail, we've shown how you can decorate your cocktails with some edible flowers.
Cocktails are a famous drink among the majority of adults; it’s always a popular order on a weekend! But sometimes, the same old cocktail can get a bit boring on the taste buds, it’s great to try new tastes and flavours. As well as their delicious tastes, cocktails are great for a visual effect, the bright colours and unique looks are always captured with the phone! However, Appleyard wants to bring something different to your table, some edible flower cocktails that can be easily made! So, get your ingredients together and make!
Strawberry and Fennel Cocktail
2-3 fresh strawberries
1 oz. Combier orange liqueur
1 oz. Galliano
2-3 small slices fennel
1 ½ oz. Vodka
½ oz. Lime juice
½ oz. Agave nectar
1. Cut two to three fresh strawberries in half and flambé them in one ounce of Combier (orange liqueur) and one ounce of Galiano liqueur.
2. In a shaker, muddle fennel. Add cooked strawberries and muddle a second time. Add vodka, lime juice, and agave nectar.
3. Shake over ice and pour into a rocks glass over fresh ice.
4. Top with a splash of Champagne and serve!
½ oz. Dainzu Ginger Elderflower Essence
1 ½ oz. Fresh pink grapefruit juice
1 ½ oz. Gin
1 ½ oz. Brut Champagne
Splash fresh lime juice
1 purple orchid, torn
1. Add all the ingredients into a mixing glass, except the Champagne.
2. Add ice, shake and then add the champagne into the tin.
3. Pour contents into a highball glass and garnish with a whole orchid.
4. Serve in fancy glasses and taste!
With Appleyard, you can now receive an Orchid Delivery with our beautiful Orchid Flowers!
4 oz. Gin
2 oz. Simple syrup
5 Small, fresh basil leaves
1 oz. Fresh lime juice
1 Cup crushed ice
4 oz. Club soda
2 Basil springs
1. Pour the gin and simple syrup into a cocktail shaker, add basil leaves and lime juice.
2. Muddle until the basil leaves are broken into small pieces.
3. Add crushed ice and shake about 10 seconds.
4. Pour into a chilled martini glass, top with club soda and garnish with a spring of basil.
We hope everyone has a fun time making these edible flower cocktails! Make your afternoon extra special by heading over to the Appleyard London website for a flower delivery on our stunning cocktail inspired bouquets, the Mojito, Margarita and Bellini!